Taiko drumming is both a musical and physical activity, with considerable emphasis on teamwork and coordination of moves. Beside focusing on rhythms, a drummer has to put in physical movements to engage the audience through rigorous drumming; making it a good form of exercise for both the body and mind. The session is mostly conducted as a group activity, where every member learns to drum as a team, by understanding and complementing one another. Like any other performing arts, Taiko drumming requires self-confidence to perform on the stage.
iMap Taiko4Kids Programme is a specially designed programme to focus on building relationship through drumming, where students can participate in various engaging music based activities such as call & response, passing of rhythms to encourage bonding, as they learn to perform a music piece together.
- Appreciate the art of Japanese Taiko drumming and its culture.
- Learn a Taiko song and perform the piece at the end of the session.
- Learn to express ideas and feelings through music, using imagination and sharing with one another.
- Develop fine and gross motor skills, agility and coordination, all while enjoying through active participation in physical drumming.
- Be engaged in a positive and encouraging environment that allows them to build their self-confidence, a sense of self-positivity, and social awareness to develop positive relations with their peers.
|Programme||1.5 Hours * 10 Lessons|