This literacy programme supports the teaching of reading, catering to the needs of children with different abilities. All reading feature imaginative, informative and persuasive texts from a wide range of genres and school subjects.
This programme incorporates comprehension, word study and grammar questions. There are also suggested speaking, listening and writing activities. A variety of comprehension strategies and extension of learning activities like viewing are incorporated for pupils who have demonstrated higher capabilities. The topics given in the reading texts are progressive and age appropriate, according to the varying interests and background knowledge of the children. The use of vocabulary, grammar and language skills also varies in terms of difficulty and complexity as the children progress from one level to another.
The strategies used are fun, exciting and hands-on and these include:
- English Games
- Individual & Group Presentations
- Visual Cue Cards
The mode of assessments are multiple choice questions, written exercises on comprehension and writing, listening exercises, oral exercise and phonic awareness assessments.
- Develop reading skills relating to the different genres
- Develop grammar, vocabulary, spelling and language skills, using different genres
- Apply different comprehension strategies to the different genres
- Develop self-confidence through speaking and listening
- Produce creative work pieces relating to the different genres (K2))
- Use internet skills to view and apply different strategies for comprehension (K2)
|Term Programme||1 hour per lesson|
iMap Expression Holiday Programmes
My World Holiday Programmes