With a First-Class Honours in Psychology and graduate research on cultural impact on learning in Simon Fraser University (Canada), Wendy has over 20 years of experience as an educator for personal transformation, applying research from Psychology to help leaders and teams build resilience and achieve extraordinary goals.
Her past roles include being the Psychologist of Raffles Institution and Staff Psychologist at McKinsey & Company. She was also appointed as Board Member to the National Library Board.
Wendy’s work in raising emotional and interpersonal resilience has reached Canada, USA, Singapore, Indonesia, India, Malaysia, China and Taiwan. Furthermore, her expert views have been shared via her column “Life Lessons” in the Straits Times’ MIND YOUR BODY supplement, as well as the radio show “Aunt Agony in the Living Room” on 938LIVE.
A cognitive coach certified with the Center for Teaching Thinking in Boston, Wendy now serves as consultant and coach to several organizations including Abacus Capital, BSI Bank, Credit-Suisse, Pertamina, the Ministry of Defence and the Ministry of Education.
Wendy’s approach to coaching high achievers to maximum performance has been presented at the 7th International Conference on Thinking (1997) and the International Congress of Applied Psychology (2002). Her WAND approach emphasizes the use of relevant questions; effective actions; acknowledgement; being neutral and non-judging; recognising individual differences; and making a difference. Her programmes are based on this approach.
Wand Inspiration was founded in 2003, and have celebrated 10 years of “breathing life” (meaning of “Inspiration”) into thousands of people - students, parents, officers and executives in 2013.
Since 2012, Wendy has been leading the Wand Inspiration team in designing and providing leadership programmes to organizations such as the Singapore Armed Forces, SingHealth, regional oil and gas companies and financial institutions.
In her Executive Masters in Consulting and Coaching for Change (EMCCC) research at INSEAD, Wendy focused on how family obligations, values and history influence women successors in family businesses. Furthermore, she is certified by The Institute for Integrative Systems Dynamics and the Bert Hellinger Institute of The Netherlands to facilitate family constellations and systemic dynamics in organisations.
Wendy has written 20 books based on the Theory of Multiple Intelligences, and 2 books on developing resilience.
- May to Oct 2014 : UBS-CampVision Leadership Academy Lead Self & Lead Growth Programme for youths at risk
- Jan to June 2012 : US Embassy Alumni Mentoring programme
- Jan to June 2013 : US Embassy Alumni Mentoring programme
- 23 Aug 2014 : NextGen Leadership Awards 2014 - Teambuilding Engagement
- 23 Aug 2014 : SFP Family Engagement at MacPherson Primary School
- 27 Jun 2014 : MoneyWise Matched Savings Programme - Financial Literacy Workshop
- 19 May 2014 : Community Laboratory Lesson at Bedok Green Secondary School
- Apr - Oct 2013 : Strong Family Programmes
- 12 March 2014 : Community Laboratory Lesson at Nanyang Junior College
- 24 May 2014 : Team building segment for the NextGen Youth Seminar 2014 at Tanjong Katong Girl's School
- 3 - 4 Jan 2014 : 3 phase motivational programme for Sec 4 Normal Acad (Peirce Secondary)
- 27 May & 3 Jul 2013: ʺI Can Achieveʺ Workshop (Peirce Secondary)
- 21 - 23 Jan 2013 : Sec 3 Non-OBS Camp - 3half days (TKGS)
Primary School Trainings
- 2012 : Haig Girls' School (Peer Support Leadership)
- 2007-2011 : Pasir Ris Primary School (Growing Through Changes. Peer Support Leadership, Student Leadership Programme and PSLE Camp).
Trainers' Training for Kindergartens
- 2013 : Team building and connection for one of the Little Skoolhouse
- 2012 : 6 groups of principals for leadership development in NTUC First Campus
Family Matters @School Programmes
- 5 July 2014 : FamilyMatters@School for Fathers programme - The More We Bond Together (TKGS)
- 2010-2013 : Bedok Green Primary, North Spring Primary, Anglican High, East
For news articles, please visit http://www.wandinspiration.com/our-news/