iMap Little Mozart II – Music Appreciation Programme
A child aged 5 to 7 years old is at an age where they are most receptive towards music and learning. This is when their brains are not limited by norms and experiences of an adult, hence they have the ability to imagine and create exciting pictures and tunes freely. This beginner’s music and movement programme introduces music to the participants using the basic concept of “Listen, Action, Play and Sing (LAPS)” with a 6 pieces instrument pack including Clave, Castanet, Hand bells, Maracas, Triangle and Tambourine. The Resonator bells may also be added to enhance the participants’ music experience.
Using the format of musical games, melodies and playing of instruments, this programme aims to stimulate a child’s potential to explore music and build the foundation for future extended learning.
Each participant will be encouraged to speak up, ask questions and be exposed to a wide spectrum of melodic and listening training. This develops their ability to learn independently and build up the ‘Musical Genius’ within them.
At the end of this Programme, the participants will acquire the following skills:
- Listen. Through a wide variety of listening and rhythm exercises, participants will be trained
- Action. Through hands on practices and games, participants will be taught to read, draw and recognise music notes on the musical staff.
- Play. Using a versatile array of musical percussion instruments, participants will learn proper techniques of playing the instruments as well as the differences among the various techniques.
- Sing. Making use of lively, specially customised music for young learners, participants will enjoy the many singing exercises and games, strengthening their ability to understand music and developing their ability to read musical scores.
- Term Programme: 1 Hour * 8 Lessons
iMap Expression Holiday Programmes
My World Holiday Programmes